We have big decisions ahead of us!
We have been asked to relocate from Georgia to Colorado. We are in early negotiation stages, and are currently slated to fly out in a few weeks to check out the area we would be living, which is just south of Denver. Nothing has been decided yet, but hopefully after the trip out, we will have a better idea of what we want to do.
It is a rather large decision, as we are due to have our baby at the end of April. I would want to move out as soon as possible (if we decide to go) in order to find a doctor and a hospital and such. I am hopeful that things will unfold and God's will will become clear. I have faith that it will...I'm just trying to pray for patience. It's not easy, but it rarely is.
There are so many things to think about to prepare in case we are going, but it is such a weird time to think about it all. With just five months to decide, the time crunch is the worst part, I think. I feel like we ought to go before the baby is born because it will give Oliver a chance to adjust to being in a new place (with a two hour time difference, eek!) before he is no longer the center of the universe. Although I know he could adjust if we moved after the baby is born, I feel like it would still be easier if we went before. And I'd have to find a new pediatrician for both children, which sucks because I totally love my pediatrician here. I'd have to find a new OB (which won't be hard, as a friend of mine from high school is a CNM in Colorado Springs, and she can recommend the best OB in the Denver area) AND find and tour a hospital (Denver is full of hospitals, but I'd have to find the one I liked the best). I would basically be moving and then almost immediately having major surgery. Hooray! =P
I am keeping myself busy trying to prepare for the possibility of going. House hunting, researching hospitals, and trying to talk myself into how great it will be. Not that I'm completely adverse to going, it's just very sudden and such. There are just a lot of things to consider and it hasn't been easy thus far. I feel very strongly that God will give us peace if it is the right choice, and honestly I feel very at ease with the whole situation for the most part. There are some stressors involved, but there always are. I honestly think we'll know when we go visit...that we will either love it or hate it.
Please remember us in your prayers! We need all the help we can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment