Um, can I just say that we are geniuses? Our feeding plan went off without a hitch last night, and I'm proud to report that I got a full five hours of sleep...IN A ROW...last night! I feel like a normal person today!!
Jonah had his post-discharge pediatrician appointment this morning. He gained an ounce and a half in two days, and the doctor said that half an ounce to an ounce a day is great progress! He wants to see Jonah again on Thursday to check to see if he's made it back to his birth weight (6 pounds, 1.4 ounces). I think he's doing such a great job eating, that ought to be no problem!
I was also able to get out with the family today to run errands. I'm not supposed to drive for two weeks since I had the c-section, but had some things to pick up. Levi's company is throwing me a baby shower on Monday, and I had no shoes to match my dress. Which, by the way, is this super cute maternity dress I picked up on clearance at Old Navy and never got to wear while pregnant. =( I think I will wear it anyway on Monday, because I'm not yet back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Oh well...I've got time to lose it. I was also able to run by Target to get a few baby related items, which was nice. Heh. I had to pick up some "hooter hiders" so that, if I choose to, I can breastfeed in public without flashing everyone. I dunno how comfortable I will be with that, ever, but I have some hooter hiders in case I want to breastfeed while we're out. =D
Levi and I also managed to swing by the Krispy Kreme while the fresh hot doughnut sign was on! No, we didn't eat six in the car...or did we? I'll never tell!
Tomorrow I'm looking forward to hearing Lee Strobel speak at church. We've decided to just pack up the whole family and brave it with a newborn. The church has a "cry room", which is basically just andi enclosed room with a huge window so you can see out, but it's soundproof, so the babies and holler. One of Jonah's feedings falls right during church, so perhaps my hooter hiders will be of use after all! LOL Dunno if I can breastfeed in public, let alone in church!!
And as I mentioned before, Monday is my baby shower. I'm so excited to get to celebrate this new life!! I read this blog post and was so touched by the prayers and blessings offered to the baby. I cried. lol I am amazed at how quickly I have bonded with Jonah compared to last time with Oliver. Not that I don't love Oliver the same...I think the stress and concern with being a new parent prevented any real bonding from happening for a few weeks. This time it was almost instantaneously. It's a little scary how I can love these two little boys so much...I didn't know I had room in my heart! I thank God daily for my little family. I am blessed beyond measure.
Gotta go feed the littlest boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I have totally breastfed in church before. Right in the back of the sanctuary. No one cared.
Post a Comment