Today's appointment was...loooong. Almost two hours! We had an ultrasound to check fluid levels and see how Jonah was growing. We got some more cute pics, and the u/s tech said that my fluid levels were on the lower side. She asked about my water intake (which I'm trying so hard to keep up, it just seems like I'm thirsty ALL the time anyway) and physical activity. She said that I would probably just need to take it easy and maybe get to the pool every once in awhile. She said the doctor would talk to me about it during his portion.
So we saw the doc and talked about the fluid. He said that 5 is acceptable, and that I was at a 6.5. He wasn't that concerned about it because Jonah had gained more than a pound in the past two weeks (woo!) putting him at 5 pounds 11 ounces. The u/s tech had also said something about my placenta looking "old" which concerned me...those things only last so long, you know!...but my OB wasn't concerned about it. He said that as long as Jonah was growing and thriving the placenta was doing it's job. He ordered a NST (non-stress test) for today and once a week for the rest of the pregnancy. He also told me a warm bath twice a day for 15 minutes would help relax my uterus. Our tub at the apartment is kind of shallow, but the rec center has a great "family whirlpool" meaning the temp is kept much lower than normal so the kids can get in. I do believe I will be visiting the rec center again soon! I'm not on bedrest, but he did say to be more of a couch potato. Easier said than done when you're the one who makes things happen around the house, but I've taken it easy today. I cancelled my more active Mommy Meetups but hopefully will still get to be social.
So while it was a bit disconcerting, everything is fine, and there's nothing to worry about. My NST was good today, and will most likely be fine next week too. Fluid levels are still good for now, and will be checked weekly. Jonah is still growing well and there is no cause for alarm. It did give me a bit of a fright, though, for a minute.
Other things are more stressful than usual, but I don't particularly care to talk about them here. Keep us in your prayers...it's going to be a hard few weeks, I have no doubt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
A whirlpool relaxation sounds like an excellent medicine though lol good luck!
Post a Comment