Friday, March 25, 2011

Day of Win!

Today was...well, interesting.  There were many blessings, and I wanted to share them with you!

This morning we were supposed to go pick up our moving money check from Levi's work at 10am.  So I got up early and got ready, thinking that after I showered and such I could unpack some more boxes.  Someone wanted to pick some up later today, and I wanted to get rid of as many as I could in one fell swoop.  Anyway, I was right in the middle of my second box at about 9am, when I got a call from the driver who was delivering our vehicles.  By some amazing happenstance, he got here A WHOLE DAY EARLY!!  I was unprepared!  I had to go get some sort of certified funds for the poor man, and he was 3.5 miles from my house.  I quickly left the house to try to procure the elusive certified funds.

See, we banked with Bank of America in Georgia.  Which is all well and good...there are tons of BoA atm machines in Colorado!  However, there are no branch locations.  Anywhere.  This is not good when you need a large amount of cash or certified funds, which can usually only be purchased with cash unless you bank with the establishment providing the certified funds.  OH NOES!  What do I do?!  The man will be here any minute and I NEED MAH CARZ 4REALZ.  We were planning on heading to the local Chase bank and opening an account with our moving check, but that wasn't happening until after the driver left.  Oy!

So I went over to the Chase bank and told them my predicament.  The man told me, as I suspected, that even if I wrote a check from my BoA account to the Chase bank, it would take three days to process.  I told him that we were planning on opening an account there later today anyway, but that I could write a check for a fairly large amount to open the account, and asked if he would give me a check for the certified funds that I needed right then.  What a sweetheart...he offered to do just that!  Hooray!  Problem solved.  Kyle and Ann are my new heroes.  Woo!

So!!  We have our cars.  YAAAY!  Meaning we didn't have to extend our rental for the third time.  DOUBLE YAAAY!  After we dealt with the  driver who was awesome, we left to go pick up our check.  Only while we were en-route, we discovered while the check had been written, there was some mistake with it.  So instead of receiving it as a bonus in a separate check, we would just receive it on our paycheck next week.  Whatev...direct deposit ftw!  So!!  We have our cars AND soon we'll have the moving money.  SUPER YAAAY!

Then we returned the rental car, which was quick and painless.  We got to drive through Downtown Denver, which was nice.  It's so different from Atlanta.  Smaller.  Neater.  More laid back.  Levi dropped me off at the 16th Street Mall, which is a neat little pedestrian mall in downtown Denver.  We met up with an old friend of mine for lunch.  Missy and I went to Middle School together, I'm fairly certain!  We tried to remember, and I could remember us hanging out freshman year, but I'm pretty sure it was before that.  She is one of the kindest people I know, and has remained sweet as pie through the years!  Even though it had been several years (probably close to ten, at least!) since we saw each other, conversation was easy and we had a great lunch at Mellow Mushroom...coincidentally an Atlanta based business!  What can I say...you can take the girls out of Georgia...

Which, speaking of, the waiter told me that he'd been to The Vortex in Atlanta, which everyone knows has the best burgers on Earth.  ONLY HE SAID THERE WAS A BETTER BURGER IN COLORADO!  *GASP*  It's from a place called The Cherry Cricket, which apparently has been featured on Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" burgers episode.   I'm excited to try it someday...I see a date night in our future!

After all the running around, I tried to take a nap when we got home.  I'm having a lot of difficulty at night falling asleep.  Jonah either has the hiccups, or I can't get the pillow situated to support my belly, or I get comfy and then my shoulder falls asleep and I have to roll over and then start the whole comfy-making process again.  Can you guess how nap time goes for me?  Yeah, about the same.  I managed to get about forty minutes of rest, which is better than none I suppose.  We did some MORE running around, as our cars were filthy...so we got Levi's car washed, picked up his prescription, and went to Target.  We couldn't find the seat protector for the Pilot, so we had to get a new one (we'll find the other I'm sure, and can use it in Levi's car), and I also broke my awesome rear facing car seat mirror, so we had to pick up another one of those.  Also, I have a mommy play date next week at the rec center to take the kids swimming, but I can't for the LIFE of me find my maternity swimsuit!  I found every other suit I own, but not my adorable $30 maternity suit that I only got to wear twice ever last time, and I am so so sad!  At any rate, I was able to find a top in an XL that will work with a bottom I already own.  It's not an *ideal* fit, but it IS a super cute top and I can wear it post baby, too.  Cute!

So after running all day, we ordered in Chinese for supper and caught up on Community.  Whew!  Such a busy day.  I'm planning on hitting the sack early tonight, but what an amazing day.  Even with the speed bumps we encountered, it was still a great day!  God is good.  =)

No comments: