Last night, Levi and I did some more research on local churches. I found a couple I wanted to visit and handed the laptop over to Levi. Once he saw that Lee Strobel was going to be at Cherry Hills Community Church, he said, "Hey, let's try this one." Deal.
The church, like every thing else we could ever want or need, is mere minutes away from where we live. Seriously, we made four turns to get there. It's a gorgeous facility, and I was impressed just driving up! We checked out the visitor's center, and took our seats in the balcony. Oliver will usually sit through the music portion, and he was enthralled by the lights and the choir! I never realized at NorthPointe, but I really REALLY missed having a choir. Something about all those voices raised to the Lord in praise? Gets me every time. Very moving! The music was also the perfect volume...someone at NorthPointe once quipped that the best place to hear NP's music was from your front yard down the road. Ha! Oliver was great during the music portion, but after that, we decided to try the nursery.
Now, Levi and I aren't big "drop-your-kid-off-and-leave" kind of folks. We rarely took Oliver back to the nursery at NorthPointe, but I really wanted to sit and listen to the sermon toddler-free. So we signed Oliver up, got him situated, and went back to the sermon. My little man...he didn't even cry! In fact, I'm pretty sure he didn't even notice we were gone until we came back. And though I wanted to (so very much) check on him halfway through the sermon, I held out and he was fine. Whew! Heh, when we got back to pick him up, Levi said, "Did you have fun, buddy?" and Oliver said, "Coo-coo!" They gave him a graham cracker. A "cookie". =D It was like he was saying, "Guys, they gave me a cookie...how could I NOT have a good time?!" Adorable. I'm happy to say that I feel comfortable enough to try dropping him off at the beginning of the service next week!
After just one service, I can tell this is a place I want to get to know more about. There are so many activities for the whole family...it just felt like a really good fit. The sermon was scripturally sound, and that made me feel better. Some of the places we checked out online played fast and loose with scripture, and we're not into that. I'm super excited that Lee Strobel will be visiting the church, even though we already know his athiest to believer story (since we own several of his books). I didn't know Lee Strobel lived in Colorado! Oh, by the way, during the service, I noticed that you could see the mountains in the background while the Pastor was preaching. Have I mentioned how much I love it in Colorado? I love it so much.
Hope your Sunday is as great as mine has been so far! Hoping to get some lunch soon and there is a great possibility that a nap is in our future. =D I love Sundays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment