Monday, October 26, 2009

Cutting back...

I feel terrible for not keeping up on reading some of my favorite blogs.  My dashboard is full of blog updates from review blogs, and it's led me to believe that I'm going to cut back on my follows of review blogs.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great ones out there.  I enjoy writing reviews, myself, only I've only reviewed products I own...and I am okay with that.  I know most of these blogs I started following as an entry in a review, but I think I'm going to stop compulsively entering every single stinkin' giveaway there is just to win prizes on the internet.  This is supposed to be a place to share my thoughts, my adventures in parenting, and being a child of God.  These are the things I want to be known for...not giveaways and prizes and such.

I got caught up in the Blogger giveaway hoopla!  I was even slated to receive my own freebie to review, and I emailed the company and told them I'd changed my mind.  It's not that I think that doing reviews is bad...I think it's down right necessary to share the products you love with others!!  It's why I have that Amazon widget of my favorite things...because those products have made my transition to mommy-dom so much easier. 

Anyway, I'm paring down my follows.  Hopefully, this will allow me to follow the blogs I sincerely want to follow more closely.  Hooray!

Tomorrow is Oliver's five month birthday.  I can't believe it!  My little boy is now a grown man, lol!  Soon we'll be starting rice cereal and he'll be off to college.  Le sigh.  They grow up so fast!

More to come tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I found myself struggling with this the other day. I decided to only enter giveaways for something I really want and to not take more than 5 mins to do so! I am going to keep offering Scentsy to enhance my business, but I'm not sure if I'll really spend a bunch of time pursuing sponsors. I like to read reviews of other moms who are just trying something out - so I'm hoping you'll continue to share your thoughts on some of your favorite products along the way. ;o)

TeamOSM said...

Thanks for your input, Mindy. I was spending far too much time on the giveaways, and I'll admit...I was excited at the prospect of receiving free products to review. I just realized that, while I DO want to share my favorite products, I didn't want to blog purely for swag, as many (not all, but many) bloggers do.

I just wanted to do what was right for me. And I think this is it.

I will continue to write about the products that make my life easier, and that are good for my little one! I hope you'll do the same. =D