Dear Oliver,
Today, you are five months old. Mommy can hardly believe it! I remember in the early days, I wished you'd grow up more quickly so that we could play. Now that you're at such a fun age (and we're having such a blasty blast!), it seems like each day goes about twice as fast as I want it to.
You are growing so quickly. According to our scale at home, you're a little over 18 pounds...wow! You're still eating 6 ounces five times a day. Our next big adventure will be starting rice cereal in the next few weeks. Oh boy! You're still wearing 6-9 month clothing since you're such a tall boy. You sure do make it hard for Mommy to plan ahead...I am afraid to buy ahead because I'm not sure you'll fit things in a few months!
This weekend is your first Halloween. Mommy and Daddy are going to a wedding before you get all dressed up, and you're going to stay at your Great Grandma's house where your Great Aunt will watch you until we get back. Then we're going to make our rounds...visiting your Grandma and Paw Paw, and then heading to your Great Aunt Jan and Great Uncle Weldon's house. We might even stop by to see Chris and Rick, Mommy's friends. Pretty exciting for one night!
We spend almost every weekend with your Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Robert, and their little girl, Miss Ada. You and Ada have such a good time checking each other out! You usually try to grab her hand, and mostly it's to eat her fingers. Fingers are a delicacy in baby land! You really enjoy watching football with Daddy and Uncle Robert. The television is one of your favorite things to look at, probably because we don't turn the tv on at home when you're awake.
My little guy is becoming more and more like a little man every day. You smile constantly, and you are acquiring more and more sounds in your babbling arsenal. I keep trying to trick you into saying "Mama" or "Dada", but you just want to goo at me. I'll take it! Any sound you make is so adorable...I can't contain the squeals of delight when you babble away. My favorite is still when you giggle...and yes, we're still acting like fools to hear those wonderful giggles! Mommy and Daddy love you so much, punkin. We can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring!
All my love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment