Let me start by saying...I really really love my church. SO much.
We started attending NorthPointe a little over a year ago. It is the complete opposite of the church we attended previously. Our old church was small...NP is huge. Our old church was an piano/organ/hymns kinda place, and NP does praise and worship music. About 70% of the denomination of our old church were elderly people (and no, that's not an exaggeration), and NP only has a handful of elderly people. Our old church didn't have much of a kid program, and NP's kids program is phenomenal! When we started looking for a new church, we were pregnant and we wanted a church where we could met people our own age, going through the same things we were, and we wanted a place where Oliver could grow up with other kids and learn about God. NorthPointe was such a perfect fit that we joined after only three visits. God has really blessed us through this church!
We found a small group pretty quickly (the first one we visited), and funnily enough, there were two elderly couples, and everyone else was older than us. Ha! Levi wanted to stick it out, anyway, so we did. They are super awesome folks, but the group wasn't what I wanted...what I thought we needed. I have been praying for a long time that we would find some folks at our church who were going through the same things we were. I love the folks that we connected with in our small group, but we decided to go ahead and start shopping around for another small group.
Last week, we had lunch with Aunt Janet and Uncle Weldon after church (they attend NP too), they mentioned that they were going to start hosting a small group at their house for younger folks. Aunt Janet and Uncle Weldon are in their forties, but they thought it would attract the thirty something crowd. It was something we were super looking forward to!
Well, this week, before the service, I saw a mom sitting with a new baby, and decided to go see the new (totally adorable) baby, complete with tiny girl mohawk! =) We started chatting, and it turns out we had a lot in common! Her two girls are 4 and 7 weeks old, and she's been married about the same amount of time that Levi and I have been. AND she told me about this small group that is going to meet after church which is like, excellent nap-wise! That's the biggest thing with the other small groups, the timing. SO...the week after Easter, we're going to try this new small group. I'm so excited, because it's an answered prayer that I've been waiting on for so long, and I'm glad it's finally here! God is so good!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
NorthPointe in Adairsville?
Indeed! It's fantastic, and I heart it.
Dad goes there. Along with some other friends of his. He really likes it too.
I helped throw a baby shower there in January... for a friend of the family, Lauren Vinall.
Post a Comment