Friday, March 19, 2010

Falling off the wagon.

Well, I hate to say it, but the cloth diapering journey has ended for now.

Oliver is growing and changing so much that about half of his cloth diapers don't fit any more.  The other half work fine, but what good is half a stash of cloth diapers?  I ended up with more pee laundry and more diaper laundry (since I had fewer to work with), and it became too much.  Of course, it also coincided with wisdom teeth surgery and other life issues, so that was part of it, too.

It was a great six months.  I plan on cloth diapering with baby number two, as well. 

I am satisfied with the choice we made to use cloth while we could, and though I'm not thrilled with throwing all the diapers away, I'm at least going to check into more eco-friendly diapers.

Other things are going on.  My friend Sarah that I mentioned is doing great in rehab at the Shepherd Center,and is slated to come home March 26th!  I told her that her reward was a spa day in the mountains when she gets better.  Steph and I found a great place in the Blue Ridge Mountains that we loved, and I told Sarah she will have earned a spa day!  Her physical therapy is going well, and every time we see her, she looks better and better.  Praise God!

I am selling my D-SLR camera.  I'm upgrading from my Nikon D40 to a Nikon D90.  I listed the D40 on Craigslist, and we'll see how many takers we get there.  The link is here, in case anyone is interested: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pho/1649614381.html  I ordered the D90 and it should be here next week...just in time for Easter pics!  I also have a 50mm lens on the way (after ordering, returning, ordering, returning, and RE-ordering, we have it straightened out now), so woo!  Looking forward to returning to my hobby of photography.  And blogging about it!  =)


Oliver is growing like a weed.  Almost ten months old!  Twenty two pounds, and soooo active.  Whew.  I get tired just thinking about it.  I am currently looking into a new baby carrier.  The Ergo looks the nicest, but the price is a bit steep.  Anyone familiar with it?

Gotta go take out baby food cubes for tomorrow.  More to come!

2 comments:

Julia Ladewski said...

well, i'm not in Atlanta, but that camera looks nice!! :)

thanks for stopping by and your awesome comment made me smile! Don't know how you found me either, but it's so great to connect w/ bloggy friends!! Hope you get back to it (it's so tough with sick kids). as for cloth diapering... you did awesome. it's tough. it's dirty, but save the stash for the next kid and get some new ones when your pregnant!

ok, it's late, i need to go to bed.

mrsstrickland said...

I just bought an Ergo and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have used it for my toddler (36 lbs) and my newbie (12ish lbs). I like that I can use it for higher weights so I can carry the toddler around in it if needed. Hands down, best hundred bucks I spent on a carrier...