Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Weekend!

This weekend has been awesome.

We had company on Saturday.  Once a month, Levi and the guys (various husbands/boyfriends of my friends, coincidentally) get together to have a "Guys Day", what we wives like to call "Nerd Dates" or "Nerdy Board Game Days".  They basically get together and play the games that we women folk won't play with them...HeroQuest, HeroScape, Dominion, Munchkin Quest, Risk...the list goes on and on.

We live furthest away from all our friends, and we don't get much company out here.  Heck, even our best friends rarely make the trip out here!  So when we have company, I like to go all out.  I like to have snacks, drinks, and food.  This weekend, we had a veggie tray (two, actually, because John brought one), cheese tray, olives, crackers, chips, and various sodas.  For supper, I made kabobs, asparagus, and roasted potatoes!  I had a Tahitian Vanilla Creme cake (that I totally picked up from Harry's when I got the asparagus and olives) for dessert.  Best of all, LEVI did the dishes!  Woo!

After supper, I had to leave to babysit my niece and nephew.  She did fine, but he was a HOLY TERROR.  He had really bad gas because he just started milk instead of formula, but after awhile he settled down.  I watched a terrible Lifetime movie about teen pregnancy (at least Thora Birch was good), and came home.  Zonked out with the hubs, and slept in since he got up with the little boy this morning.  SCORE!

Church was wonderful, as usual.  We talked about how NorthPointe is considered a "non-traditional church", when in fact it's based after the FIRST church, the church in the books of Acts.  So in a way, you could say that NorthPointe is an UBER traditional church!  Yes, people wear blue jeans.  Yes, the music is loud (so loud that we are part of the "hall people", we sit in the hall and watch the service on the big screens out there).  Yes, people who attend NorthPointe are broken and flawed...just like the people who attended the first church.

I love that we meet on Sundays for corporate worship, and have small groups for more intimate times.  Times of study, worship, and fellowship.  It's a vital part of our spiritual lives!  We are going to try out a new small group the Sunday after Easter, and I am super pumped.  It'll be more folks our age, with small children.  I can't wait to meet some new mommies! 

Also, my Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) will be here tomorrow.  Wee!  Actually, it won't get here til about 5pm, so that's sad, but IT IS ON IT'S WAY!

Also, I am NOT a genius.  I ordered a new lens for the camera (the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras) and my new ERGO baby Carrier Galaxy Grey/Galaxy, and the day AFTER, I signed up for Amazon Prime.  Fail.  Now the other two things I ordered (a programming book for Levi and Lowepro PixelPak V1 Accessory Case (Silver) for my memory cards) will be here before my lens and my carrier.  SAD.

Anyway, hope your weekends were great!  Off to have devotional time with the hubs, and then perhaps we'll watch an episode of Lost.  Shh!  We're only on season three.  =D

Night!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

So glad you had a great weekend! That meal sounds delicious! By the way, have you watched The Closer? It seems like it might be right up your ally, based on your tv faves. We just started the BBC Robin Hood series and it's pretty cool too.