Thursday, April 1, 2010

Getting it together.

Sometimes I read other people's blogs, and feel like a big fat failure.
These moms have super powers.  They manage to keep a clean house, clip coupons, save money, raise a family with four kids, and look great doing it.  Some days, I barely get the dishes done, I've given up on couponing, my ONE relatively well-behaved child is driving me bonkers with this separation anxiety business, and most days I don't even make it out of my pajama pants.

I know that I'm being a bit ridiculous, but sometimes...it's just so hard.


I knew being a parent was going to be a hard job, and even with the wonderful support and help I get from my husband Levi, it still seems like I rarely get a break.  I feel like I haven't got the time to work on me (yet here I am ranting about it), and it makes me crazy.  Worse yet is that I feel myself slipping back into old habits, and that makes me feel even more like a failure.

Then I think about having another baby.  It's something we keep talking about these days, and I just can't imagine adding another human being to the chaos that can be my life.  I know it's not time right now, but it's even scary to just think about it.  I don't know...perhaps that changes.

I feel ridiculous even complaining about it, because I know there are moms who have it worse off than me.  Their kids don't sleep well, or they don't eat well, or they don't have husbands who are willing to help like mine does.  They have money problems and live paycheck to paycheck, and I ought to be thanking God daily (which I do) that I am blessed to me a stay at home mom with a husband who loves and cares for us and has a stable well paying job in today's economy.  I need to quit my whining and just GET IT TOGETHER already.  Yes, this job is hard.  But is there a better job out there for me?  Not a chance!

And the smiles.  OH the smiles!  And the giggles!  And how can anyone resist this little face:


Yes, it's hard.  But it's so worth it.  I'm glad I wrote this post.  I was feeling a little hopeless when I started it, but now I'm feeling a little more energized to start making the changes I need to in order to get it together.

I can be supermom, too!!

2 comments:

mrsstrickland said...

You are awesome, remember? Have you SEEN the houses of the people that say they have clean houses? Really LOOKED at their house? I keep a pretty neat house, but if you look I need to dust... and mop... and paint...

And the two kids... its really not THAT bad. Little Miracle just fits. Yeah, its hard to keep up with the toddler and the newborn, but its not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Hang in there Mama! You are doing great!

TeamOSM said...

Thank you for the encouraging words, Lisa! I was just having a bad day today. Tomorrow is another day!