What a little stud! I'm telling you, he could be in magazines with that face!
/MommyGush
Anyway, I ended up going to bed at like 6pm last night. Levi got home and graciously took the whiny little tot for me, and instead of running off somewhere to wallow or vent, I just crashed out. Hence why I am awake at 3am! So, I found this blog called Inspired to Action which I found through this post on Simple Mom. What a timely gift from God! There are so many things written there that I needed to hear!!
One of the things that Kat of Inspired to Action write about is what she calls "Purposeful Motherhood". What an awesome description! It's what I want to be...a Mother who lives with purpose. One of the things Kat recommends in order to begin Mothering with purpose is to write a Mission Statement. It's something I will be working on this week. Perhaps it's something I'll also share here, we'll see how it goes. She posted this quote by G. K. Chesterton (someone I've been meaning to pick up a book on after reading many of his musings in Ravi Zacharias books), and it really hit close to home for me:
How can it be a large career to tell other people about the Rule of Three, and a small career to tell one’s own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone and narrow to be everything to someone? No, a woman’s function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute.
Wow. Today was a day where I definitely felt that my function was laborious. And when Kat talked about leading our children with passion, purpose, and vision, I realized she was right...I had the passion...it was the other two that needed work.
Another thing she recommends is rising early. I am particularly bad about this, because I rarely want to get up when the alarm goes off. But rising early has many advantages (just as you read when you clicked that Simple Mom link...if you didn't, do that!)...it's quiet time that I can spend with God. Reading the Word and mentally preparing myself for the day that lies ahead. It's something I used to do every day, and I stopped the last month of my pregnancy when I was busy anticipating my little guy (who, by the way, showed up a week late), and that was nearly an entire year ago. Levi and I spend time doing a book study at nights, but it's been a very long time since I spent a significant time in the Word. And if I am completely honest with myself, IT SHOWS.
I'm looking forward to bettering myself both as a Mother, and spiritually. I know that it may not be easy, but with God's help, I know it can be done!! Please keep me lifted up in prayer as I begin this journey of Mothering with Purpose.



2 comments:
I love reading your posts! I know I'm not in the same place as you are in life right now, but some how your posts are inspirational to me with the things I'm going through right now.
Thank you, Amy!
If you need to talk, I'm here to listen. lmiddle@gmail.com
Post a Comment