I decided to stop being a crazy person, bite the bullet, and just use what I had to figure out a naptime cloth diaper solution. I have perfectly good diapers at my disposal, and buying more wasn't going to do anything but waste money and make me feel even crazier! So I sucked it up, and figured out what would work for me.
I had some older
Joey Bunz
that I bought used when I first started cloth diapering, and I rarely ever used them. After the Twitter party (that I inadvertently stumbled upon) last night, I decided to just see how absorbent they were. See, the
gCloth
I have boasts about how hemp "wears in, not out", meaning the more you use it and wash it, the more absorbent it becomes. I took a 6oz. sippy cup, and poured it on a small
Joey Bunz
that was folded in half. That sucked soaked it ALL UP! Was it wet on the other side? Yeah...but there is a waterproof liner in my
gDiapers
. It didn't have to be dry on the other side! So my solution?
One small
Joey Bunz
, folded in half, topped with one piece of
gCloth
.
Insert the folded Joey Bunz...
...add the gCloth...
Bam! Naptime gDiaper!
I think it will also hold up for his longer afternoon nap, though I plan on trying my
Babykicks Bumboo Pocket
(stuffed with two pieces of
gCloth
) for that nap today. If it holds up with no problems, I might try the
Bumboo
for night time. We shall see!
Over all, I'm super pumped. I feel like I'm doing what is best economically for my family by using what I have and fighting the urge to buy one of everything available (there are TOO many cloth diapers on the market right now!!) and hating most of them. I feel like I am being resourceful and a good steward. Woo!
1 comment:
good job with the cloth. i gave it up when i had my 3rd. with haveing 3 under 2 in diapers and the older two are starting to potty train its getting hard!
i had bought gdiapers but never used them... now im wishing is stuck with them a bit more
Post a Comment