Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here we go again...

So, I've been feeling really guilty.

It's all these disposable diapers.  I feel terrible throwing them all away!  Not only that, but I saw this article on another blog about chemical burns kids were getting from the new Pampers Drymax.  Poor babies!

A friend of mine bought three of my Smartipants.  They weren't fitting Oliver anymore (they were gapping at the legs, and leaking everywhere!).  She offered to let me try a few of her Green Acre Designs diapers before I decide to buy them from her.  I also bought a couple Babykicks Bumboo diapers to try those out.  I put all my eggs in the Smartipants basket before...I won't be doing that again!  The Babykicks will be here Friday.  I can't wait to try them out!  I already have four BabyKicks Joey-Bunz that I bought used, so I'm excited to see how well they work with the diapers!

Anyway, if you've also got a long and lean baby, which diapers fit best for you?

2 comments:

simplymerry said...

hey, i have a very chubby baby, so i can't help you with the skinny aspect. but here are two i would recommend you try.

Flip - this is my bulletproof diaper so far. I add a hemp doubler for overnight.

Fuzzibunz - the triangular snap pattern is a little hard to figure out, but if you watch the video on their blog: http://greendiaperqueen.blogspot.com/2010/04/fuzzibunz-one-size-demo.html
it gets easy very fast, and also you can see that the elastic is adjustable in both the thighs and the waist - this might help you get the fit you need. These are my 3rd choice for nighttime (2nd being Rumparooz, but i don't know how they would fit a skinny kid)
(these three are also my favorites so far, along with tiny tush)

you could buy both of these from a diaper shop that allows returns, so if they don't work, you're not out money.
these are two such shops that i found quickly -
fuzzibunz -
http://www.motheringgrace.com/shopping/index.php
(I love Sara at Mothering Grace)

flip - http://ww10.aitsafe.com/go.htm?go=www.earthangelsdiaperco.com&afid=18243&tm=30&im=1
(that's my affiliate link, you don't have to use it:
www.earthangelsdiaperco.com

if you haven't already, check the diaper reviews on http://www.diaperpin.com/diapers/diaperpages.asp

And two VERY helpful diaper info, help, and review blogs are
dirtydiaperlaundry.com
theclothdiaperreport.com

simplymerry said...

oops... sorry. i just was looking through your archives and see you already have tried more than just smartipants & gdiapers! :)