I have tried many blogging sites before, and decided (after finding many helpful and insightful blogs here) to try my hand here at Blogspot. I hope to find many new friends here, and hopefully bring a little joy to this community as well. =)
My name is Lisa, and I am just one small part of Team Awesome. My husband Levi is my partner in awesomeness, and we've been married since 2003. We've been together ten years (since high school!), and have been married six. The newest member to Team Awesome is our son, Oliver. He's so awesome, his initials are OSM! I am so not kidding. His middle name is Seth. =D Rounding out the team are our two kitties, Chaco and Chewie.
I am a SAHM, and my husband is a computer programmer. We are first and foremost followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. We belong to a wonderful church, and have recently started taking our little one, as well. We enjoy all things outdoorsy, including, but not limited to backpacking, camping, and hiking. We hope to one day take our tot on our outdoor expeditions! I'm sure he'll love it just as much as we do!
I recently began my adventures in cloth diapering after three months of disposable diaper use. My online orders arrive this week, so you'll be hearing lots about that adventure, I'm sure! I really hate to call our family "green", but I'd like to say that we try to be good stewards with what God has entrusted us with. Being green is a fad. Being responsible is not.
We've been using the Babywise method for our first child. It has worked splendidly, and I have met some really amazing women who have helped us through things. I am proud to say that we are the parents of a well adjusted happy little boy who eats and sleeps very well. Been sleeping through the night since about six weeks! No matter what you've heard, Babywise is a wonderful thing. I am currently reading Babywise II, which will get us over the next hurdles: starting solids, and teaching discipline.
I am an avid reader and a big fan of music. I'll also post a lot about those things. =) Currently reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (a new favorite author of mine), and my current favorite musical tastes include mellow and laid back artists like Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, and of course my staple Contemporary Christian faves like Bethany Dillon (who has a new cd coming out soon!!), Chris Tomlin, FFH, Ginny Owens, and so many more.
So stay tuned! More awesomeness to follow!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Blogspot Beginnings: An Introduction.
Labels:
Babywise,
books,
cloth diapering,
family,
God,
music,
outdoor activities,
TeamOSM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
If I were you, I'd come up with a nickname for Oliver to use online. It keeps a little privacy. Hence AppleBlossom. I also never mention DH's name either. If you want/need any blogging advice if you decide to make it an obsession, just let me know. I'm here for ya!
Post a Comment