Saturday, September 12, 2009

Figuring things out.

While I haven't had any accidents at night, I can see that my son is a heavy wetter and that I need to formulate my night time plan quickly!  The first night, we used a prefold (I use the OsoCozy Indian Unbleached Prefolds) and the newborn insert for a bumGenius! together in a Bummis Super Whisper Wrap.  The second night, which is tonight, I decided to go with the prefold and the one size insert for the bG, together in the SSW.  It's not that the first night was terrible.  It's just that the entire prefold was wet.  Front, back, and soaked through to the cover.  Now, the outside of the cover was fine.  I just had to wipe the inside with a wipe and let it air out before using it again.  Which I did.

I ended up rotating Super Whisper Wraps today, and that seemed to work fine.  I think that I am going to start using the bumGenius diapers at night...most likely with the newborn AND one size inserts.  I may even double up the newborn insert and place it at the front, and then placing the one size insert it with the doubled over side also in the front.  We'll see...I just keep reading how they are such a great night time diaper.  The reason I think I'm going to switch is just the massive bulkiness in what I've been doing at night so far.  It just seems like it would be super uncomfortable to sleep with a giant...bulge.  It's so bulky that it seems like little Oliver's legs are extremely bowed!  Anyway, we'll see that tomorrow night brings.  Until then, I think rotating the SWW's is working okay with the prefolds.  For now.

Tomorrow I am buying a couple of gently used Happy Heiney's snaps (along with a FuzziBunz hanging pail liner...squee!) from a girl I met on Craigslist.  Sometime after the 16th (pay day!), I'm going to build my stash further by purchasing 8-10 more gently used diapers from someone else I met on Craigslist!  Both are local, and both are super nice.

My friend Emily is having a baby shower tomorrow!  I can't wait to celebrate the birth of Miss Stella Rose.  =D

After those things, I have to make a stop at BabiesRUs to buy a swaddle/sleep sack.  Oliver is getting too long for his Kiddopotamus swaddles.  =(  Sad!  We love those.

Our trip to Louisiana was nice.  Levi came home sick, though.  The doctor said no being around babies, so I was a single parent today.  But he was nice enough to wash bottles, AND empty the dishwasher.  =D  Good man.

K, off I go to make bottles and hit the sack.  Busy day tomorrow!


Items mentioned:



No comments: