I have 36 unbleached cotton twill prefolds from clothdiaper.com on their way, along with four Bummis Super Whisper Wraps in size medium (for my solid little three month old boy!). I'm SO excited to receive my package! I also have three Bum Genius One Size cloth diapers coming from Cotton Babies. So far I am not thrilled with the customer service I have gotten from Cotton Babies...I called and emailed about an item I had ordered that was on backorder (detergent), and I wanted to see if I could get a refund instead of having the item ship later. I found a store locally that I can buy my detergent at in person, and I'd rather use a brand other than the one I ordered online. After both emailing and calling, I have yet to hear anything in the affirmative or the negative as to whether or not I'll be getting a refund. I'm a little disappointed. Amazon is shipping a Thirsties Duffel and some Kushies Wet Bags for me, and those ought to be here soon, too!
I'm also meeting up with a local woman who is selling me some of her pocket cloth diapers. She is every so kind in letting me try out what I have on the way before letting me choose what I want to buy from her. She's giving me til after the 16th (which will give me about two weeks to try things out, AND it's after the next pay period, woo!), and I can't wait. I may or may not get to use the diapers I have on the way until we get back from going out of town (we're DRIVING to Louisiana with a three month old...we're nuts!). I'm going to try my hardest to get things washed and ready to use ASAP, but I doubt things will be ready in time to go on our trip. If not, we have some disposables that I need to use, anyway. I hate to waste them, but I also hate to keep using them. Oh well, we'll see what we can do. Whatever we have left, I can give to a friend.
Today was pretty boring. My little guy is such a good eater and a terrific napper that our days are pretty routine. It's gotten to where we do pretty much the same waketime activities during the day, and I think I like the predictability. I also read more of my Babywise II book today, and was sad to see that they don't recommend the Baby Einstein DVDs. I bought Oliver a Baby Mozart DVD because he loves music...one of his favorite toys is his Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes. We mostly play with it during tummy time, and he likes to track the bright lights while he enjoys the music. =) It's useful, because it gets him to look up during tummy time. I have found it reduces his spitting up, and encourages him to burp if he has any trapped gas. Anyway, BWII doesn't really recommend the videos because they say that you ought to be talking to your baby. But I think Oliver really likes the DVD. He has a Baby Faith DVD that he likes to watch (and I like it, too, because it has Bible stories and hymns), but he doesn't "talk" to that DVD like he does his Baby Mozart DVD. So I dunno. I'll keep rotating the two, but we'll see if I buy more. I think I will get more of the Baby Faith DVDs because they tell Bible stories in child friendly ways. We'll see on the Baby Einstien, though. The Baby Faith has a lot more talking (narrating the stories, and "God Loves You" and "God Thinks You're Special" phrases), which I like, but man...Oliver loves that Baby Einstein DVD. lol!
I only got in half of my morning workout this morning, mostly because I woke up late. Normally, I get up at 6:50am to get in a workout before Oliver's 7:30am feeding (which my dear husband Levi does...good man!), and then I'm showered and ready to take over after Levi's done feeding the tot. We have some family time (Levi always sings to Oliver...This Is The Day, God Is So Good, and Jesus Loves Me), and then Levi goes to work. To make up what I missed, I push mowed the front and most of the backyard today. It took almost an hour! The worst part is that it isn't even all finished. Our backyard is gigantic. =P At least I burned off that slice of ice cream cake I ate for dessert...
I also went to Wal-Mart to get some necessities, and some bins that I plan to use for my prefolds and covers. The one I plan to use for the covers looks like the one linked below, only it's oval. I think they'll work out nicely! I'll keep the covers stuffed, and use the large bin to stack ready folded prefolds to go in the covers. I like to plan ahead. =)
Okay, it's getting late, and that morning workout will come waaaay too soon again, I just know it. Night!
Items mentioned:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment