Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fluffy mail makes the sick days all better!

Thursday afternoon, I felt a niggling at the back of my throat warning me that the next day was going to bring the pain.  It was right!

I went to the doctor on Friday, and she confirmed that I had "some kind of virus" (no fever), and that I was highly contagious and needed to stay at least six feet away from Oliver at all times.  Oh boy!

It was a lot like being on vacation, only instead of having a good time, I felt like tiny woodland creatures were trying to escape my head via my throat.  Ick.

Six days, and a bottle of Dayquil (and half a bottle of Nyquil) later, I'm on the up and up.  I called the doctor's office to find out just how long I was contagious for, and my doctor said that as long as I wore a mask for the next 24-48 hours and was really good about washing my hands (as I always am) that we should be fine.  On the upside, I read two and a half books while I was quarantined.  =D

We received some more Fluffy Mail from Cute Caboose, one of my favorite online stores!  I bought some gently used cloth diapers from Lesley at Cute Caboose; one Fuzzi Bunz Perfect Size Medium in Butter, and two Happy Heiney One Size snaps in Silly Monkeys and Peace Bears.  I love the FB just as much as the Smartipants (because they are super soft and easy to unstuff, usually no touching required), but am disappointed in the HH snaps.  They just aren't nearly as sturdy as the FB or my Smartipants!  I haven't actually used the HH snaps (though I do love the one Velcro HH I have in Medium), but I'm sure they'll be fine.  They just won't be my favorites.  Oh well!  Now my stash is up to a respectable 21 diapers, though I am waiting on one more in the mail.  It's enough to wash less often, but to tell you the truth...I enjoy doing my diaper laundry.  Is that odd?  I really do enjoy it!  I enjoy hanging up the diapers to dry, and seeing them all in a row.  Plus, the weather is all supremely divine right now here in Georgia.  Double bonus.  =)

Time to feed the tot again.  Hope you all are well!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hey! Saw that you haven't posted since this and wondered how you are doing. So sorry to hear you weren't feeling well! Hope you're feeling better!