...my unbleached cotton twill prefolds are not yet absorbent, but they are about twice as fluffy as they were before the first wash! When I emptied the lint trap, I was super surprised to see a ball of lint the size OF A SMALL ANIMAL. Seriously! The second time I dried them, I stopped them halfway through to empty the lint trap. Much better.
I strung up a line that we normally use for camping (either to string up our hammock flys or to hang the bear bag) from one rail of my deck to another rail. I would have Levi make me a clothesline in the back yard, but I think my neighborhood's HOA has a policy about that. Either way, the deck rail mock up works fantastic! I will take some pictures tomorrow. I used it to hang my Bummis covers and bumGenius! diapers, and it worked really well. The inserts didn't dry completely before it got dark, but I finished drying them on the backs of my kitchen chairs. =)
I've only washed them twice so far, and I'm sure that I'll have to watch them at least two more times, if not three. I don't mind the "breaking in", so that's fine. I've heard that it's worth it to get the unbleached, because the bleaching process weakens the fibers. They're so soft and fluffy! I can tell, I'll be addicted in no time. =)
So, we're going to my in laws' house in Louisiana on Sunday. I looked online for brick and mortar stores where I could check out some diapers in person (since there is only one store I know of in GA, and it's soooo far!). I found a store online called Zuka Baby, and it's in New Orleans. But guess what? THEY CLOSE ON SATURDAY. Nooooo! Anyway, I found a website, and a number to call. The owner? Said she'd totally open the store for me while I was there. WHAAA??! Unheard of, right? I felt bad, because I didn't know if I wanted to actually BUY anything, I mostly wanted to look. But now I'm thinking I might take her up on it. I want to get a cover with snaps instead of aplix or velcro, just to see how I like it. Surely Levi will let me buy one more diaper, right? =D Anyway, I saved her cell phone number, and hopefully we'll get to swing by and see the place. Levi and I want to get down to New Orleans and have a date anyway (I can't wait to take pictures!!), so maybe we'll incorporate my newest passion. =D Yay! Oh, and by the way? I went to high school with a girl who has her own store here in town. I linked her to Cotton Babies (who I'm upset with at the moment over a backordered item that I politely asked for a refund on both in email and on the phone, to no avail...they shipped it today, ugh!) and told her she ought to become a retailer. She totally filled out the info, and in a few months will carry at least the bG's. She's awaiting my thoughts on what else to carry. OH THE POWER! lulz.
K, time to go throw the PF's back in the washer. And then? Bed! They can dry tomorrow. =P Night!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love your pic. What a cute little one. We too cloth diaper! Love your Blog:-)
Post a Comment