Sunday, September 27, 2009

Four Months Old!

Dear Oliver,


I can't believe my little boy is already four months old!  I ought to have started doing this a long time ago, but better late than never, right?
 

You are such a good boy.  You eat so well...6 ounces, five times a day (and you weigh 17.3 pounds, according to the scale at home)!  You love to sing songs with your daddy and me; your favorites are This is The Day, Jesus Loves Me, and God Is So Good.  You also like the "merrily, merrily, merrily" part of Row, Row, Row Your Boat.  =D  You like to hear about the babies on The Wheels on the Bus, probably because they go "wah wah wah!"  You are a very musical little boy.  You love your "iPod", which is really your Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes.  It makes tummy time much more enjoyable for you.  You're taking four naps a day, and sleeping about eleven hours at night.  You only wake up to eat, really.  =)


You also like it when we "get you get you get you!"  It's usually how we get those sweet giggles from you...the ones that make us act like fools?  Yeah, those.  I think if people saw the things we did to try to get you to laugh, they'd think we were insane.  We're just in love, is all.  =)  I love it when you make your "wookiee noises".  It's why next month, you're dressing up as Chewbacca for Halloween!  I can't wait to take those pictures.



Your daddy and I are amazed that we ever lived without you.   It's hard to remember a time now that you weren't here, even though at first I grieved over my "loss of freedoms".  Ha!  What a loss...look at what I have gained!  My whole world lights up at that big, gummy smile, son.  You are my punkin sunshine boy...my heart.  You have made me a better person.  And as each month passes, your daddy and I love you more and more.  It amazes me to think in the years to come, I'll love you all the more.  Wow.  I can't imagine loving you more than I do now!


The past few days have been tough, because mommy is "highly contagious" according to the doctor, and must be "six feet away at all times".  I've missed holding you and feeding you, but I mostly miss the kisses.  The ones right on the back of your neck are my favorite...right at the place where you superfine soft hairs meet what I lovingly call your neck fat.  =D  I can't wait until I'm all better so we can snuggle again!!


Some days, I can't believe that I am so lucky to be your mommy.  And every day, I thank God that I'm the one He chose for you!  I love you, son, today and always.


Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Such a lovely post. Happy 4 months, Oliver!