Saturday, September 19, 2009

Running totals, and final choices.

I bought six used diapers yesterday; one Medium Happy Heineys aplix, one OS Blueberry Minkee, one Medium Fuzzi Bunz, and three bumGenius 2.0's.  They work great, despite being in a well loved condition, but I think I will be using brand new inserts instead of the ones she gave me with them.  Even though they work okay, I think brand new ones will work better.
So, when added to my three OS bumGenius 3.0's and my three OS Smartipants, I have a grand total of 12 pocket diapers.  That's great, but not enough to get me through two days.  So I went ahead and bought six more brand new Smartipants, along with a ten pack of inserts.  Kelly's Closet has free shipping on orders over $99, PLUS I had a 5% off coupon that I got with my last order of Smartipants.  I can't wait to give a full run down on what I love best about the Smartipants!  Soon.

Anyway, that'll bring my stash up to 18 diapers, which "they" say is the bare minimum for a rotating pocket diaper stash.  I'm going to keep an eye out on diaperswappers.com and Craigslist for deals, but for the most part I'm done buying.  I also had an offer for my 36 prefolds and 4 covers, so that's not a total loss.  Levi said he liked the prefolds and covers, but we decided that the pockets were a bit more convenient.  I'm losing about $30 on the PFs and covers, but at least I'm not losing all $90, right?

So my grand total is now up to a little over $200.  That's including some detergent that I will be returning.

I think that's pretty good, considering I'd have spent $200 in less than six months on disposables!

I can't wait for the rest of my Smartipants to get here.  =D  They are fantastic!  And they will make up half of my stash once they get here.  Hooray!

2 comments:

Megan R. said...

I had only 15 or 18 diapers in my stash for a long time, and it was plenty. Chunky Monkey isn't a heavy wetter, and only a once a day pooper, so we don't go through a ton of diapers though. I don't mind washing daily, and even with 18, I could go every other day. I've been lucky in being able to do reviews, and win giveaways, and now I have over 100 LOL. It's a bit ridiculous!

TeamOSM said...

Wow! Any red ones? I'm dying to own a red diaper, lol.

=D