Questions! I has them.
How often do you change your little ones?
It seems that figuring out this how often to change this is totally eluding me. Even with the wicking away fabric on the pocket diapers, Oliver's bum is still getting little red spots on them. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it sure does get bright red! I guess it bothers me more than him.
As of right this second, I have 12 pocket diapers. I have six on the way, plus one more. What I HAVE been doing is getting him up from his naps, feeding him, and then waiting to change him before he goes down again. I guess in all it makes for about three hours between changes. That seems to be too long. So then my other option is to get him up from his nap, change him, feed him, and then change him again before he goes down for his next nap. That'd leave about an hour between every other change, and then two hours between every other change. Which is fine...but that makes for eight changes a day. I guess I could just go with that...order a few more diapers and that way I can wash every other day.
The other thing is that the six used diapers I bought work fine...the inserts, however, how do you say...suck? A lot! I ordered ten more Smartipants inserts (so I could double up and try a pair of Smartipants overnight, but also to stuff my used diapers), so I hope with those inserts will work well.
I am selling my prefolds and covers, and I am kind of wishing I wasn't. I do like the pockets for their ease of use, but it's like I feel bad if I change the pockets as often as I probably need to. With a prefold, I don't feel so bad. At any rate, I'm losing money on it, but I get to help a mommy start cloth diapering. And I get to help her out by giving her a good deal. So that works for me, too.
Supper will be super easy tonight...leftover chicken and dumplings. =D Hooray!



2 comments:
Hey! I change my guy about every 2 hours. I'm going to try Rockin' Green detergent (review to come) and see if that helps with the smell and some redness Ezra has. I don't stress if it goes a bit longer over nap time, but do try to change him pre-nap. It's interested that you're dumping your prefolds. I'm jealous! I have plans to write about my love/hate relationship with them as well! I'm actually finding them very useful for at home and naps. I found a way to fold them where I don't even bother with my snappies too!
I change about every 6 to 7 times a day. shes 2 so it may be diffrent. She too get the red spots. You may need to strip your diapers? It always helps for us. Wash in very very hot water a few times the hang dry. Or boil them. OH you will be almost knocked down by the smell. Always use a mild wash and dont use any dryer sheets. We found that hanging them is even better. Yeah we found this after some of the diaps started to fall apart too soon. The dryer was harsh on them./ Good Luck to your little ones lil bum:)
Post a Comment