Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh noes.

I'm starting to freak out.

I'm supposed to meet someone later today to buy two Happy Heiney's brand snappy diapers.  I've also got plans to meet with someone next week to buy some of her stash.

...only now I'm thinking I might want to go another way completely.

I started looking around at the Smartipants diapers.  They seem really similar to the bG's, only you don't have to touch the icky insert at all!  Um, yes please.  Sign me up.

I've read great things about them.  I've seen a video review on Dirty Diaper Laundry that makes me think the naysayers were overly critical.  I mean, come on.  You don't want a pocket with a ton of room.  And the reviewer didn't seem to have all that hard a time stuffing the "small" pocket.

Here's the thing...I'll feel like a jerk if I tell the ladies from Craigslist that I have changed my mind.  I suppose I could just get the HH's and the wet bag from the one lady, but I told the other lady that I was going to buy 5-6 at least from her!  Jerk jerk jerk.  I'm a jerk.

Any tips on how to change my mind and be less of a jerk?  Anyone have experience with the Smartipants diapers?  Help!

4 comments:

Ana said...

I think you should just be honest. No point in buying something you don't really want. Just be sure to do it ASAP.

As for the other diapers, never heard of them, but be sure to only buy one before you get all excited about them. You'll get a good enough feel for them to know one way or the other. I have several onlies that we use only when we have to because I ended up hating them. I'm so glad I bought them both cheap and alone!

Chari said...

WAIT!!!!!!!!!! You must read my review on SmartiPants!!

http://taketimetosmelltherose.blogspot.com/2009/07/smartipants-cloth-diaper-review.html

I"ll also add to the things I don't like about them is they only have one row of snaps. That is ok if the baby isn't mobil, but it's an issue once they do. They start sliding around and it's not a good tight fit.

I LOVE HH....so far the best diaper I have ever tried. Look at their one size diapers, they are awesome!! They run bigger than the HautePockets as well, which means you'll get a bigger bang for your buck with the HH.

TeamOSM said...

Chari, thanks for your thoughts! I'm not sure if the rise will be an issue or not yet. I figure if anything, this will be a learning experience. I thought maybe I should get the HH's and the pail liner, anyway (since I was supposed to meet her today), but decided against it. We'll see if she has them still after I decide on the Smartipants.

By the way, your little guy is 11 months and 18 pounds??! Mine is 3 months and 15 pounds. =D

TeamOSM said...

Ana, thank you for your advice. I went ahead and got three because if I didn't, my stash would consist of only three other diapers, not including the four prefolds and covers I use. But I think you're right...buying one or so of many brands is the best idea. The other lady I was meeting said I could holler at her if I decided not to go with the Smartipants. She had a lot of different brands to choose from. =)